Archive Mode. Call Laband Gallery Student Juried Exhibition ended on 4/9/20, 3:30 PM. Call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
(3.17.20) UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS
THIS EXHIBITION WILL BE PRESENTED IN AN ONLINE FORMAT
Young Contemporaries 2020
36th Annual Student Juried Exhibition at Laband Art Gallery, LMU
Welcome to the Laband Art Gallery's Student Juried Exhibition. This annual exhibition celebrates artwork created by LMU students during the past year. Artwork entered will be judged and selected by two art-world professionals—this process is called jurying and it is a common selection process for artists. Jurors’ choices are not based on any set theme or criteria and artwork from all media is welcome: 2-D and 3-D design, ceramics, drawing, graphic arts, typography, illustration, multimedia, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture and performance.
Students are able to enter up to three separate works, which are judged independently. Cash prizes will be awarded by the jurors. Some departmental scholarships will also be awarded to students who participate in the exhibition.
Who can Submit:
Submissions are open to undergraduate students (freshman–senior) who have taken any art class at LMU during the 2019–2020 academic year.
What Can or Can’t Be Submitted:
1. Work must have been completed in summer 2019, fall 2019, or spring 2020 semester.
2. Work does NOT need to have been done for a class assignment.
3. Submit the best work you have made during the past school year.
4. A series of works cannot be submitted as a single work.
How to Submit:
1. Application is done entirely online.
2. Work entered does not need to be framed or matted at the time of submission. (Special Note: if submitting ceramics it must be fired and or
glazed). If work is accepted, the artist will have to make it “ready for presentation.” (See
#1 and #2 below in After You Submit).
3. If submitting 3-D works, such as ceramics or sculpture, images from multiple angles may be uploaded. Artists may also upload ‘detail’ shots to
give jurors a better idea of the texture of a work. Please watch a quick tutorial on photographing artwork if you have never done it before:
4. Documentation of performance-based works can be submitted as still or video images. A detailed explanation must be included in the artwork
5. Please fill in ALL required information. When filling in the Application Title box include your name and the corresponding submission number (1,
2, or 3.)
7. Submission is not a guarantee of inclusion in the exhibition.
When to Submit
1. Online Submissions will be open 24/7 beginning December 2nd 2019.
2. Submission Deadline: Wednesday April 8th, 2020
After You Submit
1. The jurors will review all submissions and make their selections. Artists will receive notice if their work was juried into the exhibition.
2. A “How To Get Your Artwork Ready for Presentation Workshop” will be offered online: Date to be determined.
This workshop will be an opportunity to ask questions about how to prepare your artwork to be photographed for online display.
3. Exhibition dates: Online exhibition dates will be announced.
Thank you for following these instructions and submitting your artwork.
Best of luck from the Laband Art Gallery.
Questions? Please email Molly Corey, Gallery Manager, (firstname.lastname@example.org)